Sunday, August 31, 2008

I LOVE THE RAIN!!! It never rains in Rexburg but no worries it is raining now....and yes I went out and played in it :) So I haven't written anything for a while and i'ts because I was out of town and for most of the time I didn't have access to a computer...or phone and it was fantastic!! How do we get so addicted to those little technological devices? So much happened this last week and I just want to write about it all! Ok so Friday I flew home, Saturday my little Nathan went through the temple :) I just can't believe he's so old already but I love how proactive he has become about preparing for the temple and to go serve a mission. He's going to do great! Sunday I got to go to church in my home ward. I love going there because most of those people have known me since I was a wee little one and they're like family.... Then Sunday afternoon Heather Raddatz came to visit. She served in my ward when I was in 8th grade...10 years ago... and was a huge inspiration for me to serve a mission. She's amazing and it has been several years since I've seen her last so It was so great to catch up! She's one of the happiest people I have ever known and just such an amazing example to me! I'm considering moving to Africa with her to work at an orphanage :) So then on Monday Nathan, Marcus and I left for Crater lake where we camped for 3 days and it was amazing! So relaxing not worrying about anything... A great way to prepare to start the semester... Here are just a few fotos...
This is Crater lake....seriously the bluest lake I have ever seen...gorgeous!
We did some hiking down to the lake which was about 38 degrees and there is only one place that you can hike down to it and get in.... Nathan and Marcus got in...
And almost died....and then Marcus wanted to go again the next day....sick...just sick...
We hiked up to Watchman's Peak to watch the sunset which was also gorgeous...and very windy and cold...
We hiked down....it took us about 12 tries to get this to work and this is the best we got :)
So we decided to leave Wednesday night and drive all night to Salt Lake and we got there about 10:30 AM on Thursday. I proceeded to have a long, much needed shower and then tried to sleep for a bit. Friday was my Hija's (Kourtney Nielsen) wedding in Salt Lake so we all, Caleb, Nathan, Marcus and I drove up and it was just great. When my mission president and the Hermana walked into the sealing room, my heart just felt so happy! Then Elder Holland followed shortly after...He did the sealing and what an awesome experience that was to be taught from him, right there in the Sealng Room of the Salt Lake Temple! Then I got a few minutes with Pres and Hna all to myself and it was just so great to be with them. At the reception I met for the first time I met my nieta (Hermana Pitman....that means I trained Hna Nielsen and she trained Hna Pitman so here we have a 3 generation picture :) we sat with president the rest of the evening and talked about the mission...and anyone who knows me, knows that this was a little slice of heaven for me. Although all the missionaries that President and Pitman talked about were way after my time so I dont' know any of them...wow that makes me feel old! Anyway, It was a great day...no a great Week! Now I feel all rested and rejuvinated and reenergized and all that stuff and ready to start school in a week... :)

No comments: